Lake Wheeler beach areas closed
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A Wake County lake has been closed to swimming because of high levels of bacteria.
Until further notice, swimming and any other activity that involves going underwater is prohibited at Lake Wheeler.
However, the lake is not closed to fishing.
The county will sample the water every day and the lake will reopen after two consecutive days of safe bacteria levels
Residents can check the operating status of County recreational waters at www.wakegov.com/water.
wake county, local/state
- Senate leader at odds with Governor over Dix lease
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Krzyzewski returning to coach USA Basketball 54 min ago
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- 3 arrested in murder of Raleigh mother
- Video: 82nd's All American Week Division review 46 min ago
- Senate Republicans moving NC budget to House
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recover
- Army declares Kelli Bordeaux dead
- Racial Justice Act repeal heard by NC House panel
- NC Senate spending plan given initial OK
- NC State tops Clemson 6-3 in ACC tournament
- 82nd's All American Week Division review
46 min ago
- Krzyzewski returning to coach USA Basketball
51 min ago