Durham police try to ID alleged robber
Police asked for help from the public Thursday as they try to identify a man in a surveillance camera photo.
Investigators said the man is a suspect in a robbery at Papa John's Pizza on New Hope Commons Drive June 16.
They said the alleged robber came into the restaurant just before 9:30 p.m. and asked if the business was closed. He returned about 5 minutes later and threatened to shoot employees if they didn't give him money.
No weapon was seen.
The suspect was described as a black male in his mid-20s, 6 feet 4 inches tall, and approximately 160 pounds. He was wearing a black "doo-rag," a dark shirt, and black jogging pants.
Anyone who can help identify the man is asked to call Investigator Anthony at (919) 560-4583, ext. 29356 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for information leading to arrests in felony cases and callers never have to identify themselves.
durham county, robbery, local/state
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Crews search for missing boater on Cape Fear River
- Private plane lands short of Charlotte runway
- Hit-and-run driver sought in fatal moped crash
- Defense wraps after Abaroa's mom's testimony
- Super PAC created for possible Tillis Senate bid
- More salmonella cases reported in Fayetteville
- Biographer regrets affair with former CIA director
- TSA finds man carrying gun on prosthetic leg
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Family continues to experience miracles