Durham police try to ID alleged robber
Police asked for help from the public Thursday as they try to identify a man in a surveillance camera photo.
Investigators said the man is a suspect in a robbery at Papa John's Pizza on New Hope Commons Drive June 16.
They said the alleged robber came into the restaurant just before 9:30 p.m. and asked if the business was closed. He returned about 5 minutes later and threatened to shoot employees if they didn't give him money.
No weapon was seen.
The suspect was described as a black male in his mid-20s, 6 feet 4 inches tall, and approximately 160 pounds. He was wearing a black "doo-rag," a dark shirt, and black jogging pants.
Anyone who can help identify the man is asked to call Investigator Anthony at (919) 560-4583, ext. 29356 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for information leading to arrests in felony cases and callers never have to identify themselves.
durham county, robbery, local/state
- Powerball players check their tickets 4 min ago
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Tanker truck collides with SUV in Johnston County
- Inmate escapes from NC prison, found 4 miles away
- 2 charged with murder in Rocky Mount shooting
- Army investigates 23-year-old paratrooper's death
- Another mugging reported at Durham bank
- Man, granddaughter killed in Wayne County crash
- Pedestrian hit, killed in Fayetteville
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Eric Staal's MRI reveals good news for Caniacs
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos