School buses burn in Sanford
SANFORD, N.C. (WTVD) -- Five school buses were damaged by fire at the Lee County School District bus garage at 416 Cox Maddox Road in Sanford Thursday afternoon.
Officials said the buses had been parked at the facility since June 8 and were awaiting scheduled summer maintenance.
It appeared a bus parked between the others caught fire and the flames spread to other vehicles on either side. Three buses were a total loss, a fourth was heavily damaged while a fifth had smoke damage.
The cause of the fire was unknown. Officials said the SBI had been called in to investigate.
There were no injuries.
The buses were valued at $100,000 each.
lee county, fire, local/state
- Police: Teen had gunshot residue on hands 14 min ago
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban 51 min ago
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Lawmakers get legal help with NC marriage case
- Community rallies around couple after fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl holiday travel
- Newlyweds ordered to trial in Craigslist slaying
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help