School buses burn in Sanford
SANFORD, N.C. (WTVD) -- Five school buses were damaged by fire at the Lee County School District bus garage at 416 Cox Maddox Road in Sanford Thursday afternoon.
Officials said the buses had been parked at the facility since June 8 and were awaiting scheduled summer maintenance.
It appeared a bus parked between the others caught fire and the flames spread to other vehicles on either side. Three buses were a total loss, a fourth was heavily damaged while a fifth had smoke damage.
The cause of the fire was unknown. Officials said the SBI had been called in to investigate.
There were no injuries.
The buses were valued at $100,000 each.
lee county, fire, local/state
- Funeral held for North Hills murder victim
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- North Carolina Senate rolls out budget plan
- Photos: Raleigh's Artsplosure
- 4 year old injured in Durham hit-and-run
- Small Fla. city wonders who won Powerball jackpot
- Boston Marathon bombing victim returns home to NC
- Body of missing Ohio man pulled from NC waters
- NC teacher says student hit her during field trip
- Charlotte remembers 1963 desegregation 'eat-in'
- Swift, Bieber, more ready for Billboard Awards
- OJ Simpson lawyers say he is closer to freedom
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos