School buses burn in Sanford
SANFORD, N.C. (WTVD) -- Five school buses were damaged by fire at the Lee County School District bus garage at 416 Cox Maddox Road in Sanford Thursday afternoon.
Officials said the buses had been parked at the facility since June 8 and were awaiting scheduled summer maintenance.
It appeared a bus parked between the others caught fire and the flames spread to other vehicles on either side. Three buses were a total loss, a fourth was heavily damaged while a fifth had smoke damage.
The cause of the fire was unknown. Officials said the SBI had been called in to investigate.
There were no injuries.
The buses were valued at $100,000 each.
lee county, fire, local/state
- Powerball players check their tickets
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Tanker truck collides with SUV in Johnston County
- Inmate escapes from NC prison, found 4 miles away
- 2 charged with murder in Rocky Mount shooting
- Army investigates 23-year-old paratrooper's death
- Another mugging reported at Durham bank
- Man, granddaughter killed in Wayne County crash
- Pedestrian hit, killed in Fayetteville
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Eric Staal's MRI reveals good news for Caniacs
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos