Woman killed in golf cart crash
HARNETT COUNTY (WTVD) -- A woman was killed late Thursday evening while riding in a golf cart in Harnett County, according to authorities.
It happened just before 11 p.m. on a dirt path about a mile from the 5000 block of Elliott Bridge Road in Linden.
Authorities said a man and woman were riding in the golf cart when it struck a cable that was across the path.
Twenty-year-old Katie E. Sessions, of Spring Lake, was pronounced dead at the scene, while 19-year-old Joseph Johnson, of Linden, was taken to Betsy Johnson Memorial Hospital with unknown injuries.
The incident is currently under investigation. No additional information has been released.
harnett county, local/state
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter
- ABC11 channel changes
- Reports of rashes spur Fitbit recall
- Wrestler loses championship, wins crowd over
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport 58 min ago
- Official: Airliner communications shut down separately
- NC State tops Miami 67-58 in ACC tourney 11 min ago
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake
- Couple, suspect, officer killed in Burke County
- Graco adds more than 403,000 child seats to recall
- Suspect in Sanford shooting death arrested
- Parents hope bone marrow drive can save son
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale