Woman killed in golf cart crash
HARNETT COUNTY (WTVD) -- A woman was killed late Thursday evening while riding in a golf cart in Harnett County, according to authorities.
It happened just before 11 p.m. on a dirt path about a mile from the 5000 block of Elliott Bridge Road in Linden.
Authorities said a man and woman were riding in the golf cart when it struck a cable that was across the path.
Twenty-year-old Katie E. Sessions, of Spring Lake, was pronounced dead at the scene, while 19-year-old Joseph Johnson, of Linden, was taken to Betsy Johnson Memorial Hospital with unknown injuries.
The incident is currently under investigation. No additional information has been released.
harnett county, local/state
- Target investigating credit card breach
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Man shot, collapses at gas station
- Police issue warning on eve of Huerta vigil
- Dog helps doctors monitor child during operation
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle
- Ex-boyfriend charged in Durham double murder
- Texas upends No. 14 North Carolina 86-83
- NC State beats Vols 65-58 for sixth straight win
- White House task force urges limit on NSA snooping
- Ferry that ran aground on NC coast still stuck
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help