Woman killed in golf cart crash
HARNETT COUNTY (WTVD) -- A woman was killed late Thursday evening while riding in a golf cart in Harnett County, according to authorities.
It happened just before 11 p.m. on a dirt path about a mile from the 5000 block of Elliott Bridge Road in Linden.
Authorities said a man and woman were riding in the golf cart when it struck a cable that was across the path.
Twenty-year-old Katie E. Sessions, of Spring Lake, was pronounced dead at the scene, while 19-year-old Joseph Johnson, of Linden, was taken to Betsy Johnson Memorial Hospital with unknown injuries.
The incident is currently under investigation. No additional information has been released.
harnett county, local/state
- Photos: Oklahoma tornado aftermath
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Candidates for Wake superintendent narrowed to 3
- Request for mistrial in McNeill case denied
- Forensic expert reads emails from Janet Abaroa
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' - who won season 16?
- NC attorney general warns of disaster relief scams
- Parents push to get Enloe students back in school
- Good Samaritan law intended to save lives
- Michael Jordan: Bobcats changing name to Hornets
- North Carolina schools prepare for tornadoes
- High School coach arrested on sex charge