Water restrictions in effect in Southern Pines
SOUTHERN PINES, N.C. (WTVD) -- A mandatory water conservation order is now in effect in Southern Pines.
The town manager issued the order because of the low flow of water in the town's raw water source.
Mandatory restrictions are imposed until further notice. That means it's illegal to water or sprinkle lawns, grass, shrubbery, trees, flower and vegetable gardens, except by hand-held hose, container, or a drip irrigation system.
moore county, local/state
- Search for missing swimmer to resume Thursday
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Interactive Hurricane Tracking Map
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Senate panel votes to ease landfill restrictions
- NWS confirms Franklin County tornado
- Wake superintendent named, controversy begins
- Sopranos actor James Gandolfini dies of cardiac arrest 51 min ago
- Former TWA Flight 800 investigators want new probe
- Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Stocks slide as Fed says bond purchases could slow
- NC first lady urges Senate action on breeder bill
- UNC-Chapel Hill holds emergency drill
- Suspected meth found near RDU airport