Motorcyclist dies after crash
SMITHFIELD, N.C. (WTVD) -- Fifty-two-year-old Hubert Alford was killed in a motorcycle crash Saturday night in Smithfield.
It happened around 8:30 p.m. when Alford was traveling north on Interstate 95 in the right lane and lost control of his vehicle while moving into the left lane.
The motorcycle overturned and Alford was thrown.
The bike was found on its side and parts of it were strewn over the road.
Alford was taken to Johnston Medical Center where he later died.
johnston county, accident, nc highway patrol, i95, local/state
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- No. 7 Duke escapes against Clemson, 63-62
- NC State upsets Syracuse 66-63
- Pittsburgh beats No. 15 UNC 80-75