10 taken to hospital after I-85 accidents
HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- Ten people were taken to the hospital after two accidents shut down the northbound lanes of Interstate 85, between Hillsborough and Durham, Sunday afternoon.
All lanes were closed near mile marker 168, causing motorists to bypass the accident using the shoulder of the interstate.
Officials said it happened shortly after 2 p.m. when a Jeep overturned and hit the guardrail.
The second wreck involved a semi-truck and a mini-van.
The ten people taken to the hospital were said to have minor injuries.
By 4 p.m., the lanes were opened to slow moving traffic.
i85, accident, local/state
- Senate leader at odds with Governor over Dix lease 8 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Army declares Kelli Bordeaux dead
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- Senate Republicans moving NC budget to House
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recover
- Racial Justice Act repeal heard by NC House panel
- NC Senate spending plan given initial OK
- NC State tops Clemson 6-3 in ACC tournament
- NC terror suspect killed in overseas drone strike
- Acquaintance describes Abaroa after wife's death
- Stay safe from summer's deadly storms