10 taken to hospital after I-85 accidents
HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- Ten people were taken to the hospital after two accidents shut down the northbound lanes of Interstate 85, between Hillsborough and Durham, Sunday afternoon.
All lanes were closed near mile marker 168, causing motorists to bypass the accident using the shoulder of the interstate.
Officials said it happened shortly after 2 p.m. when a Jeep overturned and hit the guardrail.
The second wreck involved a semi-truck and a mini-van.
The ten people taken to the hospital were said to have minor injuries.
By 4 p.m., the lanes were opened to slow moving traffic.
i85, accident, local/state
- Dozens march in vigil for Jesus Huerta 21 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- NCCU new head football coach named
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- Panthers 1 win from ending playoff drought
- Lawyer details new evidence in Ackerson murder 31 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help