Candle sparks fire in Durham
DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- A family of four was displaced by a house fire Sunday afternoon.
It happened around 12:30 p.m. at 5 Topeka Court when 23 firefighters responded to the scene where flames could be seen shooting through the roof.
It took crews 15 minutes to get the blaze under control.
Officials said the fire was accidental and caused by a candle.
No injuries were reported and the American Red Cross was assisting the family.
There was minor damage to a neighboring house.
durham county, fire, local/state
- Majority of number combos picked for Powerball pot
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Tanker truck collides with SUV in Johnston County
- Inmate escapes from NC prison, found 4 miles away
- 2 charged with murder in Rocky Mount shooting
- Army investigates 23-year-old paratrooper's death
- Another mugging reported at Durham bank
- Man, granddaughter killed in Wayne County crash
- Pedestrian hit, killed in Fayetteville
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Eric Staal's MRI reveals good news for Caniacs
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos