Marine charged with killing 15-year-old girl
JACKSONVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Onslow County Sheriff's Office has charged a Marine with first-degree murder in the death of a 15-year-old girl.
Twenty-four-year-old Pernell Devon Jones of Richlands Highway, Jacksonville was held without bond.
Investigators said Jones was involved in a domestic dispute with his estranged girlfriend - Shermetryce Danilla Grasty - at a home in the 100 block of Weatherington Rd. around 6:30 p.m. Saturday.
During the argument, Jones allegedly stabbed Grasty's 15-year-old sister in the abdomen and shot her with a pump shotgun. The girl died later at Onslow Memorial Hospital.
Deputies did not identify the dead teen, but the Jacksonville Daily News said she was Anita Renee Law. Deputies said Jones is stationed at Camp Lejeune.
After the alleged shooting, deputies said Jones tried to flee in his car, but ran off the road and crashed into a ditch. He was arrested without incident.
shooting, stabbing, homicide, local/state
- Vigil for Jesus Huerta takes violent turn
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- FAA reveals what caused Southwest flight to plummet
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- No. 8 Duke beats UCLA 80-63
- NCCU new head football coach named
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help