Death investigation in Durham
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Police said Monday they were conducting a death investigation at a home in the 4300 Block of David Street.
Officers had crime scene tape up around the house in a quiet suburban neighborhood.
They said a body found the home was sent to the medical examiner's office for an autopsy to determine the cause of death.
No other information was immediately released.
A family member identified the dead woman as 81-year-old Altaree Estes Norris.
durham county, local/state
- Soggy, cool Saturday to start holiday weekend
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Shedding light on Clinton's health overhaul flop
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 1 min ago
- Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase
- Warehouse fire cause explained
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche