Funeral service set for woman found dead in garage
DURHAM (WTVD) -- As police search for the person who gunned down an 81-year-old woman, her family is preparing for the funeral.
Police have only said that they haven't determined whether this fatal shooting of Alraree Norris is a random crime or if the victim knew her attacker.
Meanwhile, Norris' family, friends and neighbors will say their final goodbyes next Monday. That's when funeral services for Norris will be held at a Durham Church where she's been a member for 55 years.
Norris was found shot to death in her David Street home on Sunday.
Police wrapped up their investigation at the house Tuesday evening and they remain tightlipped about a possible motive and suspects in the case.
Anyone with information is asked to call Investigator Sole at (919) 560-4440, ext. 29350 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200.
durham county, homicide, shooting, local/state, tamara gibbs
- North Carolina ties to Craigslist murder 24 min ago
- Heart of Carolina Food Drive wrapping up soon
- South African police prepare for Mandela ceremony
- Man must pay $50K after breaking up with fiancee
- Audit shows problems with NC Tracks 57 min ago
- Car drives off bridge, into Harnett County creek 35 min ago
- Bicyclist charged with DWI
- Online promotion idea turns sour for cupcake shop owner
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Gas leak prompts evacuations, closes highway
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- Cumberland County deputy involved in crash
- Jury selection begins in newlywed killing case
- Newtown asks for privacy, kindness on 1-year mark
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help