Body found floating at rock quarry
MOORE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Moore County Sheriff Lane Carter said his deputies are investigating a body found in the Glendon area as a homicide.
Officers on patrol made the discovery just before 4 p.m. Tuesday at an area known as "the rock quarry."
The body of 34-year-old Gregory Lance Bullock was sent to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for an autopsy to determine the cause of death.
Bullock was a resident of the Southern Pines area. He was reported missing June 18 by his mother to the Southern Pines Police Department. He was last seen June 13.
"We're pursuing this as a murder investigation and that's all we can say at this time," said Neil Godfrey with the Moore County Sheriff's Office.
Anyone with information is asked to call the sheriff's office at (910) 947-2931.
moore county, local/state
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Man with Down syndrome learns he's...
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Power play lifts Capitals past Carolina, 4-2
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help