Body found floating at rock quarry
MOORE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Moore County Sheriff Lane Carter said his deputies are investigating a body found in the Glendon area as a homicide.
Officers on patrol made the discovery just before 4 p.m. Tuesday at an area known as "the rock quarry."
The body of 34-year-old Gregory Lance Bullock was sent to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for an autopsy to determine the cause of death.
Bullock was a resident of the Southern Pines area. He was reported missing June 18 by his mother to the Southern Pines Police Department. He was last seen June 13.
"We're pursuing this as a murder investigation and that's all we can say at this time," said Neil Godfrey with the Moore County Sheriff's Office.
Anyone with information is asked to call the sheriff's office at (910) 947-2931.
moore county, local/state
- Suspected meth found near RDU airport
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Interactive Hurricane Tracking Map
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- UNC-Chapel Hill holds emergency drill 41 min ago
- Wake Forest natural gas leak capped 28 min ago
- Tropical Storm Barry forms off Mexican coast
- Former TWA Flight 800 investigators want new probe
- Traffic returns to Wash. bridge that collapsed
- NAACP, students challenge education changes
- Driver facing charges after passenger injured in accident
- Baby born on Raleigh Beltline
- NC undocumented ask for in-state tuition prices
- Obama renews call for nuclear reductions
- UNC-Chapel Hill holds emergency drill
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos