Police seek attempted rape suspect
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Raleigh police are investigating at attempted rape that they said happened shortly before 2:30 a.m. on June 18.
A 22-year-old woman told police she was riding a bicycle westbound on Stafford Avenue near Chamberlain Street when she noticed a small, dark-colored SUV behind her as she traveled on Stafford. The vehicle struck her bicycle's rear tire just before she reached Chamberlain.
Police said the suspect got out of the SUV and approached the victim, who was not injured. After a brief conversation, the suspect offered to take the victim to her home.
Instead of taking the victim home, however, police said the suspect drove to her a short distance to Horse Track Alley where the suspect grabbed the victim and indicated that he intended to rape her.
The victim managed to escape and hid while the suspect fled.
The suspect is described as a white male with a medium skin tone. He was believed to be about 5 feet 7-8 inches tall with a muscular build. He had brown eyes, dark facial hair, may be in his 20s to 30s, and was wearing a black cap, blue shirt, and white and black shoes.
The suspect's vehicle is dark colored and may be a Ford Escape, Jeep Liberty, or another similar four-door SUV. The vehicle has gray leather seats. It is not new, but appeared to be in good condition.
Anyone who believes they may recognize the suspect or is vehicle is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP.
wake county, sex offense, local/state
- NC-147 closed due to downed power lines 14 min ago
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Salvation Army coming up short this year
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars
- Feds shut 52 unsafe bus companies
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor
- Bank robbery suspect sought in Fayetteville
- McCrory: Raleigh buildings are 'ugly as the dickens'
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help