Arrest made in Cumberland Co. double homicide
CUMBERLAND COUNTY (WTVD) -- Cumberland county homicide detectives have arrested a suspect in the double murder of a couple in Fayetteville.
Thirty-five-year-old Daniel Jackson was charged with two counts of first-degree murder. Jackson is the brother of one of the victims, 46-year-old Donald Jackson.
Donald Jackson and his girlfriend, 42-year-old Tammy Jones, were found shot to death in their camper-trailer in the 3700 block of Frances Drive on Friday morning. A man inquiring about construction work told detectives that he discovered the couple after opening their door when they didn't answer his knocking.
Investigators said the Jackson brothers became involved in an altercation that turned violent.
The couple's bodies were taken to the State Medical Examiner's Office for autopsy to determine the exact cause of death.
Jackson is being held in the Cumberland County Detention Center without bond. He is scheduled to make a first court appearance on Monday.
cumberland county, homicide, local/state
- Tornado, thunderstorm warnings issued 2 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- UNC ousts Tigers from CWS with 4-2 win 4 min ago
- New charge for man in Raleigh hit and run
- Fayetteville man faces 139 sex charges 24 min ago
- Long road to recovery for child attacked by dog 45 min ago
- Johnson Co teacher facing sex charge
- NC House looks at raising speed limit to 75 mph
- Wake Schools superintendent could be named
- Man shot to death in Durham
- Inmate dies after fight with detention center officer
- Funeral services set for Southern Pines officer
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk...
46 min ago