Arrest made in Cumberland Co. double homicide
CUMBERLAND COUNTY (WTVD) -- Cumberland county homicide detectives have arrested a suspect in the double murder of a couple in Fayetteville.
Thirty-five-year-old Daniel Jackson was charged with two counts of first-degree murder. Jackson is the brother of one of the victims, 46-year-old Donald Jackson.
Donald Jackson and his girlfriend, 42-year-old Tammy Jones, were found shot to death in their camper-trailer in the 3700 block of Frances Drive on Friday morning. A man inquiring about construction work told detectives that he discovered the couple after opening their door when they didn't answer his knocking.
Investigators said the Jackson brothers became involved in an altercation that turned violent.
The couple's bodies were taken to the State Medical Examiner's Office for autopsy to determine the exact cause of death.
Jackson is being held in the Cumberland County Detention Center without bond. He is scheduled to make a first court appearance on Monday.
cumberland county, homicide, local/state
- Powerball players check their tickets
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Tanker truck collides with SUV in Johnston County
- Inmate escapes from NC prison, found 4 miles away
- 2 charged with murder in Rocky Mount shooting
- Army investigates 23-year-old paratrooper's death
- Another mugging reported at Durham bank
- Man, granddaughter killed in Wayne County crash
- Pedestrian hit, killed in Fayetteville
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Eric Staal's MRI reveals good news for Caniacs
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos