I-440 reopens after pavement buckles
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Traffic had to be diverted off the I-440 westbound lanes near the I-40 west interchange due to pavement buckling Friday afternoon.
All lanes reopened at 8 p.m. following repairs.
Vehicles were being diverted onto the feeder ramp that lets out near Cary Parkway.
Traffic was backed up during the evening commute.
wake county, i440, local/state
- 3 arrested in murder of Raleigh mother
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- NC terror suspect killed in overseas drone strike
- NC Senate spending plan given initial OK
- Acquaintance describes Abaroa after wife's death
- Stay safe from summer's deadly storms
- Jury begins deliberating in McNeill trial
- Rabies alert in Cary
- Driver killed after car collides with school bus
- ABC News: Boston bomber 'associate' killed by FBI
- Feds open special inspection into NC nuke plant
- NC House Finance Chairman resigns, blames Tillis