I-440 reopens after pavement buckles
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Traffic had to be diverted off the I-440 westbound lanes near the I-40 west interchange due to pavement buckling Friday afternoon.
All lanes reopened at 8 p.m. following repairs.
Vehicles were being diverted onto the feeder ramp that lets out near Cary Parkway.
Traffic was backed up during the evening commute.
wake county, i440, local/state
- Possible tornado damage reported in Franklin County
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Southern Pines officer remembered
- Wake County Schools names new superintendent
- UCLA defeats Wolfpack 2-1 at College World Series
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Did Wake Co teacher encourage bullying?
- UNC ousts Tigers from CWS with 4-2 win
- Are there repercussions to 'Moral Monday' arrests?
- New charge for man in Raleigh hit and run
- Fayetteville man faces 139 sex charges
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos