Service calls jump for A/C companies
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Triple digit temperatures mean a spike in service calls for air conditioning companies.
Air condition technician Brandon Jenkins said his company has been swamped with service calls for air conditioning repair.
Jenkins said his average day includes four calls, but on Friday he was on his eighth and counting.
It's typical when the temperatures hit triple digits. It happened mostly because people neglect to get their units checked annually.
"About 90 percent of those customers that don't do maintenance will probably have a breakdown cause by a lack of maintenance," said Jenkins.
If your air conditioning does break down, experts recommend shutting up the house and pulling the shades to keep cool air inside. Do anything to prevent prolonged exposure that could lead to heat related illnesses.
local/state, fred shropshire
- Slow moving thunderstorms linger Monday 24 min ago
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Funeral held for North Hills murder victim
- Cancer returns for child who gave gifts to patients
- North Carolina Senate rolls out budget plan
- Photos: Raleigh's Artsplosure
- 4 year old injured in Durham hit-and-run
- Small Fla. city anxious to learn jackpot winner 22 min ago
- Boston Marathon bombing victim returns home to NC
- Body of missing Ohio man pulled from NC waters
- NC teacher says student hit her during field trip
- Charlotte remembers 1963 desegregation 'eat-in'