Down trees, power lines block streets in Chapel Hill
CHAPEL HILL (WTVD) -- Downed trees and power lines from Friday night's storms caused several streets in Chapel Hill to be shut down Saturday morning.
Chapel Hill police closed parts South Columbia Street, Raleigh Road, and McCauley Street Saturday morning while crews worked to clean up the damage.
Duke Energy crews were able to make repairs and all streets were back open just after 12:15 p.m.
orange county, local/state
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds 12 min ago
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Parade & Festival
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide
- Crews battle large apartment complex fire
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her