Flames burn home near I-540
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Firefighters were battling a massive blaze Sunday morning at a residence in the 2600 block of Jasper Lane, near Carpenter Pond Road, just north of Interstate-540.
Crews arrived at the scene of the two story home just after 5 a.m., brought the fire under control in 45 minutes, and were on the scene until about 10:40 a.m.
Officials said flames were shooting through the roof and burned the majority of the home.
The fire is said to have started in the rear of the structure.
Four residents escaped safely after being awakened by a smoke detector.
The cause of the fire remained unknown Sunday, as the investigation continued.
fire, wake county, i540, local/state
- 3 arrested in murder of Raleigh mother
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Okla. tornado damage: Thousands of homes, $1.5-$2B 14 min ago
- NC House bill opens renegotiation on Dix property 7 min ago
- NC terror suspect killed in overseas drone strike
- NC Senate spending plan given initial OK
- Acquaintance describes Abaroa after wife's death
- Stay safe from summer's deadly storms
- Jury begins deliberating in McNeill trial
- Rabies alert in Cary
- Driver killed after car collides with school bus
- ABC News: Boston bomber 'associate' killed by FBI