3 killed in Eastern NC storms
EASTERN N.C. (WTVD) -- Three people are dead after storms rolled through the eastern part of the state Sunday, according to WCTI.
Officials said one man was killed in Pitt County after a barn collapsed on top of him. Family members told WCTI that 77-year-old William Adams went outside with his granddaughter to check on a four-wheeler. When Adams tried to move the four-wheeler into a barn, the structure collapsed on top of him.
Two other people were killed when a tree fell on the golf cart they were riding in Beaufort County. Officials identified the deceased as Steve and Carol Harris.
For more information click here.
- NAACP, students challenge education changes
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Large amount of meth found near Raleigh airport 16 min ago
- Possible tornado damage reported in Franklin County
- Driver facing charges after passenger injured in accident 41 min ago
- Baby born on Raleigh Beltline
- UNC-Chapel Hill to conduct emergency drill
- NC undocumented ask for in-state tuition prices 35 min ago
- Obama renews call for nuclear reductions
- Hearings begin for Duke Energy's 5 percent hike
- NC Senate takes up energy conservation rollback
- UCLA defeats Wolfpack 2-1 at College World Series
- North Carolina undocumented immigrants ask...
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos