Arrest in attempted rape near NC State
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Police have arrested a 29-year-old man in the attempted rape of a woman near NC State and the Cameron Village shopping center.
Phillipe Warren Joseph Saieed is charged with attempted rape, assault on a female, and assault with a deadly weapon.
The charges stem from an incident shortly before 2:30 a.m. on June 18.
A 22-year-old woman told police she was riding a bicycle westbound on Stafford Avenue near Chamberlain Street when she noticed a small, dark-colored SUV behind her as she traveled on Stafford. The vehicle struck her bicycle's rear tire just before she reached Chamberlain.
Police said the suspect got out of the SUV and approached the victim, who was not injured. After a brief conversation, the suspect offered to take the victim to her home.
Instead of taking the victim home, however, police said the suspect drove to her a short distance to Horse Track Alley where the suspect grabbed the victim and indicated that he intended to rape her.
The victim managed to escape and hid while the suspect fled.
Court records show Saieed is also charged in an assault on a female that occurred on the NCSU campus March 26. In that case, a university worker was headed to work about 5:30 a.m. when she said a man followed her out of a tunnel and grabbed her by the shoulders. She pulled away and screamed and then headed for an emergency phone.
A search warrant also shows Saieed is a suspect in an attack on another woman June 20.
wake county, sex offense, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina 53 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home 46 min ago
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- Orange County among hardest hit by ice storm
50 min ago
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
54 min ago
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in Fayetteville...
47 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help