Hope Mills shopping center to adopt curfew
HOPE MILLS, N.C. (WTVD) -- Teenagers will soon face new restrictions at another Cumberland County shopping center.
The Millstone Towne Center in Hope Mills is the second shopping hub in the area to require teenagers under 18 to be accompanied by a parent on Friday and Saturday nights after 7 p.m.
Just last month, Cross Creek Mall adopted a similar policy banning unescorted teens on Friday and Saturday nights after 6 p.m. Mall officials said loitering teenagers caused trouble and scared off customers.
They say the curfew is already paying off.
"The environment has changed on Friday and Saturday nights," said Matt Holligan, with Cross Creek Mall. "Now, the families are shopping all the way up to closing time. We don't see the trouble that we did in the past."
Property managers at Millstone Towne Center shopping center said they are adopting the curfew policy mainly as precaution.
Most parents understood the curfew saying it's more about safety than restrictions.
"I don't think they should be out here right now," said parent Ron Whitted. "Sometimes, those kids get rowdy and half of them you can't tell them what to do. I think it's a great idea.
Underage teens who attend a movie at the Millstone cinema will be allowed to attend a movie after 7 p.m. as long as they have a ticket.
The curfew begins Friday.
cumberland county, local/state, greg barnes
- Duke Chapel holds Mandela memorial
- Snowball fight could lead to criminal charges
- Airline's sweet surprise for passengers
- One day left to help hungry families through the holidays
- Billy Graham weaker since 95th birthday party
- Shooting reported in Raleigh
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Modest Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- Serial bank robber arrested in Durham
- Bubba the goat is no longer on the lam
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget pact
- Car crashes on Glenwood Avenue during chase
- Walmart, AIG say they plan nearly 700 NC jobs
- Groups shun NC critics, appeal Bonner Bridge case
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help