State official killed in bicycle crash
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Steven Jordan, the Director of the North Carolina Division of Mental Health Developmental Disabilities and Substance Abuse Services, has been identified as the victim in a fatal bicycle accident in North Raleigh on Wednesday.
Shortly after 2:15 p.m., police responded to a collision involving a bicycle and an unloaded logging truck at the intersection of Louisburg and Perry Creek Roads.
Jordan, 49, of Raleigh, died at the scene.
The operator of the truck, 28-year-old Clifton Paul Ellis, was not injured.
The wreck investigation remains underway. There's no word on whether charges will be filed.
wake county, accident, local/state
- Deputies shoot, kill female suspect
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Conn. commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Eric Staal returns to Raleigh for MRI
- Child attacked by pit bull dog
- Man attempts to rob Zebulon bank
- Driver faces DWI charge after pedestrian accident
- Golfing great Ken Venturi dies at age 82
- Friend: Murdered mom deleted Facebook due to ex-husband
- Child charged in greenway flashing incident
- Missing man's body found in Jordan Lake
- Group against gay scout inclusion
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos