Lightning sparks Raleigh house fire
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Lightning is being blamed for a house fire in Raleigh Wednesday afternoon.
Firefighters responded to the home in the 4400 block of Cobble Creek in the Winchester neighborhood of Northeast Raleigh just before 5 p.m.
The flames caused major damage to the roof and second floor of the home.
No one was at home when the blaze started.
One firefighter received minor injuries and was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
The home was a total loss.
Lightning was blamed for sparking two other fires in Raleigh Wednesday evening.
wake county, fire, local/state
- Durham County murder victim identified 30 min ago
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Feds shut 52 unsafe bus companies
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor
- Bank robbery suspect sought in Fayetteville
- McCrory: Raleigh buildings are 'ugly as the dickens'
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers
- McCrory lights State Capitol Christmas tree 38 min ago
- Part of US 64 added to Interstate Highway System
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help