Lightning sparks Raleigh house fire
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Lightning is being blamed for a house fire in Raleigh Wednesday afternoon.
Firefighters responded to the home in the 4400 block of Cobble Creek in the Winchester neighborhood of Northeast Raleigh just before 5 p.m.
The flames caused major damage to the roof and second floor of the home.
No one was at home when the blaze started.
One firefighter received minor injuries and was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
The home was a total loss.
Lightning was blamed for sparking two other fires in Raleigh Wednesday evening.
wake county, fire, local/state
- Photos: Oklahoma tornado aftermath
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Good Samaritan law intended to save lives
- North Carolina schools prepare for tornadoes
- High School coach arrested on sex charge
- Video: Okla. storms hit close to home for some 17 min ago
- Lightning sparks Raleigh apartment fire
- Video: McCrory weighs in on state budget, protests 17 min ago
- Two cleared, others charged in murder
- Video: 'Valor Games' begin in Triangle
- Kieran Shanahan on leave from law firm
- NC House panel looking at public school grant bill
- Okla. storms hit close to home for some
17 min ago
- McCrory weighs in on state budget, protests
17 min ago