Lightning sparks Raleigh house fire
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Lightning is being blamed for a house fire in Raleigh Wednesday afternoon.
Firefighters responded to the home in the 4400 block of Cobble Creek in the Winchester neighborhood of Northeast Raleigh just before 5 p.m.
The flames caused major damage to the roof and second floor of the home.
No one was at home when the blaze started.
One firefighter received minor injuries and was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
The home was a total loss.
Lightning was blamed for sparking two other fires in Raleigh Wednesday evening.
wake county, fire, local/state
- 3 arrested in murder of Raleigh mother 26 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- NC terror suspect killed in overseas drone strike 27 min ago
- NC Senate spending plan given initial OK 28 min ago
- Acquaintance describes Abaroa after wife's death
- Stay safe from summer's deadly storms
- Jury begins deliberating in McNeill trial
- Rabies alert in Cary
- Driver killed after car collides with school bus
- ABC News: Boston bomber 'associate' killed by FBI
- Feds open special inspection into NC nuke plant
- NC House Finance Chairman resigns, blames Tillis