5 kilos of cocaine seized by deputies
CLINTON, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Sampson County Sheriff's Office says its deputies seized five kilograms of cocaine Tuesday.
On July 3, officers stopped a pickup truck on NC 242 near Timothy Road for a minor traffic violation.
Deputies said two men in the truck behaved unusually and they became suspicious. A search of the truck turned up the drugs.
Jose Fredis Pene Arriola, 23, of Durham, and Randy White Mason, 55 of Macon, NC, were taken into custody.
Arriola was charged with possession of cocaine for trafficking, possession of cocaine for transport, and conspiracy to traffic cocaine. Mason was charged with possession of cocaine for trafficking, possession of cocaine for transport, conspiracy to traffic cocaine, and maintaining a vehicle for controlled substance.
sampson county, local/state
- Vigil for Jesus Huerta takes violent turn 12 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- FAA reveals what caused Southwest flight to plummet
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- No. 8 Duke beats UCLA 80-63 43 min ago
- NCCU new head football coach named 30 min ago
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- NCCU new head football coach named
29 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help