5 kilos of cocaine seized by deputies
CLINTON, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Sampson County Sheriff's Office says its deputies seized five kilograms of cocaine Tuesday.
On July 3, officers stopped a pickup truck on NC 242 near Timothy Road for a minor traffic violation.
Deputies said two men in the truck behaved unusually and they became suspicious. A search of the truck turned up the drugs.
Jose Fredis Pene Arriola, 23, of Durham, and Randy White Mason, 55 of Macon, NC, were taken into custody.
Arriola was charged with possession of cocaine for trafficking, possession of cocaine for transport, and conspiracy to traffic cocaine. Mason was charged with possession of cocaine for trafficking, possession of cocaine for transport, conspiracy to traffic cocaine, and maintaining a vehicle for controlled substance.
sampson county, local/state
- NAACP, students challenge education changes 53 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Possible tornado damage reported in Franklin County
- Driver facing charges after passenger injured in accident
- Baby born on Raleigh Beltline 5 min ago
- UNC-Chapel Hill to conduct emergency drill
- Obama renews call for nuclear reductions
- Hearings begin for Duke Energy's 5 percent hike
- NC Senate takes up energy conservation rollback
- UCLA defeats Wolfpack 2-1 at College World Series
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Wake County Schools names new superintendent
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos