Duke player hurt in boating accident
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Duke University said Thursday that sophomore wide receiver Blair Holliday was seriously hurt in a July 4 personal watercraft accident on Lake Tillery - east of Charlotte.
The school said Holliday suffered head injuries and was listed in critical condition at the UNC Trauma Center in Chapel Hill.
The school issued a statement from Duke Head Football Coach David Cutcliffe.
"First and foremost, our thoughts and prayers are with Blair, his parents, Leslie and Rick, and the entire Holliday family. The Holliday family is one of tremendous character and strength, and is truly an inspiration for all of us. Secondly, we could not be more appreciative of the care and support Blair has received here at UNC Hospitals. The doctors, nurses and support staff have been truly outstanding."
Holliday's bio on the Duke website said the sophomore from Sherman Oaks, California is expected to be a starter this fall.
- Police investigate apparent murder-suicide
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- Senate Republicans moving NC budget to House
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recover
- Racial Justice Act repeal heard by NC House panel
- NC Senate spending plan given initial OK
- NC State tops Clemson 6-3 in ACC tournament
- NC House bill opens renegotiation on Dix property
- NC terror suspect killed in overseas drone strike
- Acquaintance describes Abaroa after wife's death
- Stay safe from summer's deadly storms