Customer who shot robber won't be charged
GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WTVD) -- There will be no charges against a customer who shot a man trying to rob a Goldsboro convenience store.
Goldsboro police say Maurice Lewis shot 27-year-old Christopher Vann when he tried to rob a Kangaroo Express at gunpoint early Tuesday.
Vann was air lifted to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville with a gunshot wound to the head. He was last listed in critical condition.
Once he's discharged, Vann will be charged with robbery and kidnapping.
wayne county, shooting, local/state
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Crews search for missing boater on Cape Fear River
- Private plane lands short of Charlotte runway
- Hit-and-run driver sought in fatal moped crash
- Defense wraps after Abaroa's mom's testimony
- Super PAC created for possible Tillis Senate bid
- More salmonella cases reported in Fayetteville
- Biographer regrets affair with former CIA director
- TSA finds man carrying gun on prosthetic leg
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Family continues to experience miracles