Fire shuts I-40 lane near Chapel Hill
ORANGE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- An accident that caused a car fire shut down the westbound lane of Interstate 40 at exit 263 in Orange County Saturday.
The Department of Transportation said it happened around 1:30 pm when an accident blocked the right lane of I-40 and closed both shoulders near Chapel Hill.
Crews were on the scene with lanes re-opened to traffic around 3 p.m.
Initial reports did not mention if anyone was injured.
i40, orange county, accident, local/state
- North Carolina ties to Craigslist murder 39 min ago
- Heart of Carolina Food Drive wrapping up soon
- South African police prepare for Mandela ceremony
- Man must pay $50K after breaking up with fiancee
- Audit shows problems with NC Tracks 12 min ago
- Bicyclist charged with DWI
- Online promotion idea turns sour for cupcake shop owner 28 min ago
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign 16 min ago
- Gas leak prompts evacuations, closes highway
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- Cumberland County deputy involved in crash
- Jury selection begins in newlywed killing case
- Newtown asks for privacy, kindness on 1-year mark
- NASA: Ancient Martian lake may have supported life
- Audit shows problems with NC Tracks
18 min ago
- Online promotion idea turns sour for...
27 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help