Fire shuts I-40 lane near Chapel Hill
ORANGE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- An accident that caused a car fire shut down the westbound lane of Interstate 40 at exit 263 in Orange County Saturday.
The Department of Transportation said it happened around 1:30 pm when an accident blocked the right lane of I-40 and closed both shoulders near Chapel Hill.
Crews were on the scene with lanes re-opened to traffic around 3 p.m.
Initial reports did not mention if anyone was injured.
i40, orange county, accident, local/state
- Teacher resignations up significantly in Wake Co. 15 min ago
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Confused, chaotic scene described on sinking ferry
- Persons of interest identified in Fayetteville shooting 53 min ago
- Pres. Obama shows skepticism on Russia in Ukraine
- DOT worker charged in officer's death
- Cooper, other lawyers resolve NC defamation case
- Police canvass area for information about rape suspect 7 min ago
- Police: Antiques store used to sell meth
- Hatchell: Star freshman DeShields leaving UNC
- Jabari Parker leaving Duke
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets
- Teacher resignations up significantly in...
29 min ago