NC Highway Patrol says 3 killed in wreck
WAKE COUNTY -- State Highway Patrol officials say three people are dead after a car crashed on a road near the border of Wake and Granville counties.
Troopers say the wreck happened about 2 a.m. Sunday when the car slammed into a tree. Authorities say the car was engulfed in flames before rescuers arrived. The passengers were pinned inside.
Troopers are waiting for a medical examiner to identify the victims.
No other details were immediately available.
accident, wake county, local/state
- Police investigate apparent murder-suicide
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Okla. tornado damage: Thousands of homes, $1.5-$2B
- Racial Justice Act repeal heard by NC House panel
- NC Senate spending plan given initial OK
- NC State tops Clemson 6-3 in ACC tournament
- NC House bill opens renegotiation on Dix property
- NC terror suspect killed in overseas drone strike
- Acquaintance describes Abaroa after wife's death
- Stay safe from summer's deadly storms
- Jury begins deliberating in McNeill trial
- Rabies alert in Cary