Man's body found in west Durham
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Police were investigating the discovery of a body in the Spring Valley area of Durham Monday.
Seventy-four-year-old Donald Watson was found inside the bedroom of his home in the area of Regis Avenue and Freemont Road.
Watson owned Biggs and Watson Wrecker Service, and it was one of his drivers who found the body in a pool of blood at 10 a.m. Monday.
Police said Watson had a history of heart trouble but were, at this time, calling the death suspicious.
Officials have not commented if they actually found any sign of foul play, but authorities went door-to-door to ask neighbors, like Patricia Cook, if they saw or heard anything.
"Well, they asked me that, and then I thought, 'Well, I didn't hear anything.' But everybody's been staying inside with A/C's running and windows closed. You're not necessarily gonna hear everything," said Cook.
Family members gathered around the house as police continued their investigation.
durham county, local/state, joel brown
- Search under way for missing swimmer in Hope Mills 42 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Interactive Hurricane Tracking Map
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate 49 min ago
- Stocks slide as Fed says bond purchases could slow
- NC first lady urges Senate action on breeder bill
- UNC-Chapel Hill holds emergency drill
- Suspected meth found near RDU airport
- Wake Forest natural gas leak capped
- Two killed, several injured in Fayetteville crash
- Tropical Storm Barry forms off Mexican coast
- Former TWA Flight 800 investigators want new probe
- Traffic returns to Wash. bridge that collapsed
- Search under way for missing swimmer in...
45 min ago
- Controversy after Wake Schools announces...
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos