Man's body found in west Durham
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Police were investigating the discovery of a body in the Spring Valley area of Durham Monday.
Seventy-four-year-old Donald Watson was found inside the bedroom of his home in the area of Regis Avenue and Freemont Road.
Watson owned Biggs and Watson Wrecker Service, and it was one of his drivers who found the body in a pool of blood at 10 a.m. Monday.
Police said Watson had a history of heart trouble but were, at this time, calling the death suspicious.
Officials have not commented if they actually found any sign of foul play, but authorities went door-to-door to ask neighbors, like Patricia Cook, if they saw or heard anything.
"Well, they asked me that, and then I thought, 'Well, I didn't hear anything.' But everybody's been staying inside with A/C's running and windows closed. You're not necessarily gonna hear everything," said Cook.
Family members gathered around the house as police continued their investigation.
durham county, local/state, joel brown
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day 54 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Defense wraps after Abaroa's mom's testimony
- How safe are North Caroilna bridges?
- Family continues to experience miracles
- Admitting gay boy scouts could have repercussions
- NC State beats Miami 7-1 in ACC tournament 37 min ago
- NY's Main Beach tops annual survey of best beaches
- Fayetteville man indicted on sex charges with minors
- Police investigate Durham bank robbery
- Volunteers place flags for Memorial Day
- 'Horrified' trucker watches I-5 bridge collapse
- Armed Forces Salute: Laura Kerns
54 min ago
- Travelers hit the road for Memorial Day...
56 min ago