Chaplain hit in accident dies
HOPE MILLS, N.C. (WTVD) -- An Army chaplain who was critically injured while jogging in Hope Mills has died.
Capt. Billy Shane Stauffer, 46, who was assigned to the 28th Combat Support Hospital at Fort Bragg, was hit by a SUV while crossing Rockfish Road around 5:30 a.m. Friday.
Police interviewed the driver of the SUV - a retired soldier - at scene shortly after the accident. Investigators said no charges will be filed.
cumberland county, accident, local/state
- Funeral held for North Hills murder victim
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- North Carolina Senate rolls out budget plan 31 min ago
- Photos: Raleigh's Artsplosure
- 4 year old injured in Durham hit-and-run
- Small Fla. city wonders who won Powerball jackpot
- Boston Marathon bombing victim returns home to NC
- Body of missing Ohio man pulled from NC waters
- NC teacher says student hit her during field trip
- Charlotte remembers 1963 desegregation 'eat-in'
- Swift, Bieber, more ready for Billboard Awards
- OJ Simpson lawyers say he is closer to freedom