Trooper involved in Harnett County crash
HARNETT COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Authorities are investigating a head-on crash on N.C. Highway 27 that involved a State Highway Police patrol car and a van.
It happened just before 3 p.m. near Bailey Road, approximately two miles west of Benson.
The preliminary investigation showed that a van driven by 40-year-old Ryan Chubb hydroplaned in wet weather and drove into the path of an unmarked Dodge Charger driven by Trooper C.J. Bell.
Bell was transported to Wake Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries. He was last listed in good condition. Chubb was treated at the scene for minor injuries.
The Highway Patrol said charges are pending against Chubb.
harnett county, accident, local/state
- Police investigate apparent murder-suicide 55 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Okla. tornado damage: Thousands of homes, $1.5-$2B
- Racial Justice Act repeal heard by NC House panel
- NC Senate spending plan given initial OK
- NC State tops Clemson 6-3 in ACC tournament 36 min ago
- NC House bill opens renegotiation on Dix property
- NC terror suspect killed in overseas drone strike
- Acquaintance describes Abaroa after wife's death
- Stay safe from summer's deadly storms
- Jury begins deliberating in McNeill trial
- Rabies alert in Cary
- Police investigate apparent murder-suicide
49 min ago
- Three arrested in north Raleigh murder
49 min ago
- Army declares missing soldier Kelli...
50 min ago