Cary teen killed in rock climbing fall
STOKES COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Cary teenager died while rock climbing with friends over the weekend.
It happened Sunday evening at Hanging Rock State park in Stokes County.
Authorities said 19-year-old Eric Metcalf was rappelling off a portion of the park known as Moore's Wall when he fell 270 feet.
His death is under investigation.
Officials said Metcalf was considered an experienced climber.
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Obama skips out of Washington for Hawaii vacation 40 min ago
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 28 min ago
- Things you didn't know about reindeer 8 min ago
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Wild video: Duke Energy implodes smokestacks
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help