Arrest made in attempted bank robbery
CLAYTON, N.C. (WTVD) -- An arrest has been made in the attempted robbery at the First Citizens Bank on U.S. Highway 70 Business in Clayton.
Wednesday morning, 24-year-old Frisco Brown was arrested in the area of the 1100 block of West Main Street.
Police said the attempted robbery happened around 1:30 p.m. Tuesday when Brown presented a threatening note to tellers demanding money. He was unsuccessful, however, and left the bank. No weapon was displayed and no one was injured.
Brown is being held at the Johnston County Detention Center under a $61,500 secured bond.
johnston county, bank robbery, local/state
- Three arrested in murder of north Raleigh mom
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC News: Boston bomber 'associate' killed by FBI
- Feds open special inspection into NC nuke plant 47 min ago
- Jury begins deliberating in McNeill trial
- Racial Justice Act repeal heard by NC House panel 51 min ago
- Cameron: 'Indications' London attack terror
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Okla. storms hit close to home for some
- Doctors struggle to save boy's hands 44 min ago
- Arias speaks out about case in jailhouse interview
- Coach K returning to US men's team