Arrest made in attempted bank robbery
CLAYTON, N.C. (WTVD) -- An arrest has been made in the attempted robbery at the First Citizens Bank on U.S. Highway 70 Business in Clayton.
Wednesday morning, 24-year-old Frisco Brown was arrested in the area of the 1100 block of West Main Street.
Police said the attempted robbery happened around 1:30 p.m. Tuesday when Brown presented a threatening note to tellers demanding money. He was unsuccessful, however, and left the bank. No weapon was displayed and no one was injured.
Brown is being held at the Johnston County Detention Center under a $61,500 secured bond.
johnston county, bank robbery, local/state
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Target investigating credit card breach 4 min ago
- Ferry that ran aground on NC coast still stuck 54 min ago
- Family gets new home for holidays
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- UNC guard McDonald cleared by NCAA
- Bipartisan budget agreement clears Congress
- Laurence Lovette denied change of venue for murder trial
- Police recover stolen storm grates
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- Ga. woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help