Overturned rental truck blocks I-40
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- An overturned rental truck blocked several eastbound lanes on Interstate 40 Wednesday morning.
The accident happened just before 11 a.m. on I-40 just before the I-440 split at exit 301 near Rock Quarry Road in southeast Raleigh.
The wreck report from Raleigh Police showed the driver of the box truck, 42-year-old Alan George, of Statesville, clipped the back corner of a pick-up truck, driven by 53-year-old George Bright, causing both vehicles to overturn.
Diesel fuel leaked from the rental truck after it flipped on its side.
Both drivers were taken to WakeMed. Bright was treated and released and George was last listed in good condition.
The accident backed up traffic for hours. Lanes were finally reopened after noon.
Police said alcohol is believed to be a factor in the crash.
- Funeral held for North Hills murder victim
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- North Carolina Senate rolls out budget plan
- Photos: Raleigh's Artsplosure
- 4 year old injured in Durham hit-and-run
- Small Fla. city wonders who won Powerball jackpot
- Boston Marathon bombing victim returns home to NC
- Body of missing Ohio man pulled from NC waters
- NC teacher says student hit her during field trip
- Charlotte remembers 1963 desegregation 'eat-in'
- Swift, Bieber, more ready for Billboard Awards
- OJ Simpson lawyers say he is closer to freedom
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos