Woman shot while riding in car
ORANGE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Deputies say a woman riding in a car was shot along on Jones Ferry Road in the area of Bowden Road just after 11 a.m. Wednesday.
The woman and the car's driver work for a Durham house cleaning service. They were on their way to a job when it happened.
The small caliber bullet came through an open window and hit the victim on the side of her head, just behind her ear.
The woman's injury was not life threatening. She was being treated at UNCH in Chapel Hill.
Investigators said they didn't think the shooting was an intentional act. They were checking homes in the area to see where the bullet might have come from.
orange county, shooting, local/state
- Gov. McCrory declares state of emergency
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony 50 min ago
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county 41 min ago
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum 37 min ago
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Amber Alert issued for missing 11-year-old girl
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Possible CO poisoning at Carrboro post office
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help