Police: Man assaulted Tobacco Trail jogger
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Police arrested a man Tuesday evening after a jogger reported a man assaulted her along the Tobacco Trail.
It happened around 8:15 p.m. near the 5600 block of Fayetteville Road.
The alleged victim said she was running when the man approached and asked her several times for her phone number. She jogged away, but when she returned running in the opposite direction about ten minutes later, the man allegedly jumped out of bushes and grabbed her.
The woman was able to get away and flag down a police officer.
Leon Edwards, 48, of Woodcroft Parkway was charged with one count of misdemeanor sexual battery.
His bond was set at $3,000.
durham county, sex offense, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina 4 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car 37 min ago
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2 25 min ago
- Amber Alert issued for missing 11-year-old girl
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help