Four sexual assaults tied to one complex
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- A crime alert in Fayetteville has residents of one neighborhood on edge. Four women have been sexually assaulted at one complex in the past four years.
The latest attack happened in the King's Grant condos off Ramsey Street.
The scariest part according to a criminal profiler is that this attacker may be living among, or close to his victims.
Amber McLamb is on edge knowing a rapist is on the loose in her neighborhood.
"It's so close to home and I'm an avid runner," said McLamb. " It makes me nervous just knowing who is around."
McLamb lives a few blocks from the King's Grant condominiums. Police say sometime after 3 a.m. Friday a suspect pried open a window, climbed in and sexually assaulted a resident while her roommate slept in another bedroom.
The suspect in this incident is being described as a white male between the height of 5' 8" and 5' 11" tall. He was wearing blue jeans and a dark colored hoodie that's described as being of a wind-breaker material.
"What I am telling you is you have got a serial burglar here who is a rapist, not a serial rapist who is just entering homes," said criminal profiler Dr. Maurice Godwin.
Godwin has worked many high profile cases, including the DC sniper attacks and the disappearance of Kelli Bordeaux. He thinks the suspect may be involved in as many as eight attacks in north Fayetteville, since 2009.
"He is stalking them," said Godwin. "They are coming and going from apartments and condos and he is stalking then when they are jogging or walking along."
Anyone with information about the crime is asked to contact Special Victim Unit detectives with the Fayetteville Police Department at (910) 433-1856 or Crime Stoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
cumberland county, sex offense, local/state, greg barnes
- Soggy, cool Saturday to start holiday weekend
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Shedding light on Clinton's health overhaul flop
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 14 min ago
- Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase
- Warehouse fire cause explained
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche