Cary firefighter, teacher facing sex charges
CARY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police in Greensboro have charged a Cary firefighter and part-time Wake County substitute teacher with sex offenses after an alleged meeting with an underage teenager.
Christopher Angelo Manzo, 22, was arrested at his firefighter job.
Manzo allegedly prearranged a meeting with the teen - who investigators described as under the age of 16 - in Greensboro's Bur-Mil Park last month.
Investigators said park officials learned of the meeting last week and reported it to authorities.
Manzo - a Pittsboro resident - is charged with statutory sex offense and two counts of indecent liberties with a minor.
Bond was set at $150,000.
Wake County Public School System confirmed Manzo has worked for the district as a substitute in the past. It was gathering more information in his tenure.
The Town of Cary said it was investigating the facts surrounding Manzo's arrest and would determine the appropriate steps it would take.
wake county, sex offense, local/state
- Barber, 11 others guilty in Moral Monday protests
- 'Tipsforjesus' leaving thousands in tips
- Does bathing in vitamin C water improve health?
- Family says Nelson Mandela on 'deathbed'
- Wingate University on lockdown 10 min ago
- Tata blames environmentalists for bridge woes 27 min ago
- NC has fewer teachers and more students 21 min ago
- Student arrested with loaded gun at Durham high school
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Group tasked with keeping kids safe at school
- State prison guard attacked by inmate
- Johnston County teen faces 'sexting' charges
- Ground broken on Raleigh high-rise apartments
- Most popular Google questions about NC
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help