Cary firefighter, teacher facing sex charges
CARY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police in Greensboro have charged a Cary firefighter and part-time Wake County substitute teacher with sex offenses after an alleged meeting with an underage teenager.
Christopher Angelo Manzo, 22, was arrested at his firefighter job.
Manzo allegedly prearranged a meeting with the teen - who investigators described as under the age of 16 - in Greensboro's Bur-Mil Park last month.
Investigators said park officials learned of the meeting last week and reported it to authorities.
Manzo - a Pittsboro resident - is charged with statutory sex offense and two counts of indecent liberties with a minor.
Bond was set at $150,000.
Wake County Public School System confirmed Manzo has worked for the district as a substitute in the past. It was gathering more information in his tenure.
The Town of Cary said it was investigating the facts surrounding Manzo's arrest and would determine the appropriate steps it would take.
wake county, sex offense, local/state
- Search for missing swimmer to resume Thursday
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Interactive Hurricane Tracking Map
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- NWS confirms Franklin County tornado
- Wake superintendent named, controversy begins
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini has died
- Former TWA Flight 800 investigators want new probe
- Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Stocks slide as Fed says bond purchases could slow
- NC first lady urges Senate action on breeder bill
- UNC-Chapel Hill holds emergency drill
- Suspected meth found near RDU airport
- Wake Forest natural gas leak capped
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos