Moore County man charged with murder
EAGLE SPRINGS, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Moore County man is in custody charged with shooting and killing another man in Eagle Springs Tuesday evening.
Authorities said 51-year-old Gregory Cooper shot 32-year-old Ajul Cole off of Community Road.
Cooper then allegedly tried to shoot another man, but the gun failed to fire.
Cooper was charged with one count of murder, one count of attempted murder, and one count of possession of a firearm by a felon.
Cooper remains held without bond. He is scheduled to appear in court on Aug. 6.
moore county, homicide, local/state
- North Carolina ties to Craigslist murder
- Heart of Carolina Food Drive wrapping up soon
- South African police prepare for Mandela ceremony
- Man must pay $50K after breaking up with fiancee
- Audit shows problems with NC Tracks
- Car drives off bridge, into Harnett County creek
- Bicyclist charged with DWI
- Online promotion idea turns sour for cupcake shop owner
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Gas leak prompts evacuations, closes highway
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- Cumberland County deputy involved in crash
- Jury selection begins in newlywed killing case
- Newtown asks for privacy, kindness on 1-year mark
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help