Moore County man charged with murder
EAGLE SPRINGS, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Moore County man is in custody charged with shooting and killing another man in Eagle Springs Tuesday evening.
Authorities said 51-year-old Gregory Cooper shot 32-year-old Ajul Cole off of Community Road.
Cooper then allegedly tried to shoot another man, but the gun failed to fire.
Cooper was charged with one count of murder, one count of attempted murder, and one count of possession of a firearm by a felon.
Cooper remains held without bond. He is scheduled to appear in court on Aug. 6.
moore county, homicide, local/state
- Senate leader at odds with Governor over Dix lease 1 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Army declares Kelli Bordeaux dead
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- Senate Republicans moving NC budget to House
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recover
- Racial Justice Act repeal heard by NC House panel
- NC Senate spending plan given initial OK
- NC State tops Clemson 6-3 in ACC tournament
- NC terror suspect killed in overseas drone strike
- Acquaintance describes Abaroa after wife's death
- Stay safe from summer's deadly storms