Moore County man charged with murder
EAGLE SPRINGS, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Moore County man is in custody charged with shooting and killing another man in Eagle Springs Tuesday evening.
Authorities said 51-year-old Gregory Cooper shot 32-year-old Ajul Cole off of Community Road.
Cooper then allegedly tried to shoot another man, but the gun failed to fire.
Cooper was charged with one count of murder, one count of attempted murder, and one count of possession of a firearm by a felon.
Cooper remains held without bond. He is scheduled to appear in court on Aug. 6.
moore county, homicide, local/state
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide