Authorities: BB&T bank robbed at gunpoint
SAMPSON COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Authorities were called to a BB&T bank branch in Sampson County Thursday morning following an armed robbery.
It happened around 9:15 a.m. in the 300 block of Main Street in Newton Grove.
Officials with the Sampson County Sheriff's Office said two black males reportedly entered the bank, robbed it, and then fled from the area on foot. No one was injured.
A suspicious burgundy passenger car was reported to be seen in the area before the robbery occurred, but it is unknown if the vehicle was connected to the robbery or not.
Further details about the incident have not been released. An investigation is ongoing at this time.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact Sampson County Sheriff's Office at (910) 592-4141.
sampson county, bank robbery, local/state
- Barber, 11 others guilty in Moral Monday protests
- 'Tipsforjesus' leaving thousands in tips
- Does bathing in vitamin C water improve health?
- Family says Nelson Mandela on 'deathbed'
- Wingate University on lockdown 33 min ago
- Tata blames environmentalists for bridge woes 50 min ago
- NC has fewer teachers and more students 44 min ago
- Autopsy: Actor died from impact, fire in crash 14 min ago
- Student arrested with loaded gun at Durham high school
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Group tasked with keeping kids safe at school
- State prison guard attacked by inmate
- Johnston County teen faces 'sexting' charges
- Ground broken on Raleigh high-rise apartments
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help