Authorities: BB&T bank robbed at gunpoint
SAMPSON COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Authorities were called to a BB&T bank branch in Sampson County Thursday morning following an armed robbery.
It happened around 9:15 a.m. in the 300 block of Main Street in Newton Grove.
Officials with the Sampson County Sheriff's Office said two black males reportedly entered the bank, robbed it, and then fled from the area on foot. No one was injured.
A suspicious burgundy passenger car was reported to be seen in the area before the robbery occurred, but it is unknown if the vehicle was connected to the robbery or not.
Further details about the incident have not been released. An investigation is ongoing at this time.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact Sampson County Sheriff's Office at (910) 592-4141.
sampson county, bank robbery, local/state
- Police investigate apparent murder-suicide
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day 29 min ago
- Senate Republicans moving NC budget to House 26 min ago
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recover
- Racial Justice Act repeal heard by NC House panel
- NC Senate spending plan given initial OK
- NC State tops Clemson 6-3 in ACC tournament
- NC House bill opens renegotiation on Dix property
- NC terror suspect killed in overseas drone strike
- Acquaintance describes Abaroa after wife's death
- Stay safe from summer's deadly storms