Man allegedly tried to kidnap girl from dollar store
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Durham police investigators are searching for a male who allegedly tried to kidnap a 12-year-old girl.
The girl told officers she was in the Dollar Tree in the 1500 block of Glenn School Road around 10:30 a.m. on July 11 when a male approached her and spoke to her in Spanish. She ignored him and he then spoke to her again and grabbed her by her wrist. She was able to pull her arm away, injuring her wrist, and she ran from him.
The male is described as Hispanic, 25 to 40 years old with a medium build, short black and grayish hair and a thin mustache. He was wearing a dark blue hat with sunglasses on top, a light blue T-shirt with Duke on the front and back, blue jeans, and white tennis shoes.
Anyone with information is asked to call CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200.
durham county, local/state
- Majority of number combos picked for Powerball pot
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Tanker truck collides with SUV in Johnston County
- Inmate escapes from NC prison, found 4 miles away
- 2 charged with murder in Rocky Mount shooting
- Army investigates 23-year-old paratrooper's death
- Another mugging reported at Durham bank
- Man, granddaughter killed in Wayne County crash
- Pedestrian hit, killed in Fayetteville
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Eric Staal's MRI reveals good news for Caniacs
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos