Body found in Sampson County
FAISON, N.C. (WTVD) -- Workers with the N.C. Department of Transportation discovered a body in a ditch in Sampson County Thursday. The body was found beside Brewer Road in the northeastern part of the county.
Investigators identified the body as 25-year-old Kim Douglass McKoy Jr, of Rose Hill, N.C.
According to officials, the case is being treated as a homicide due to obvious signs of trauma on the body.
Investigators are awaiting the official autopsy results from the Sampson County Medical Examiner's Office regarding the cause of death and the time of death.
Anyone with information regarding the incident is encouraged to contact the Sampson County Sheriff's Office at (910) 592-4141.
sampson county, local/state
- Enloe High student charged in gun store break-ins 13 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Juvenile escapes from Durham County youth home 24 min ago
- NC troopers to crack down on texting while driving
- Graduates in tornado-raked Okla. town vow to stay
- Bear struck and killed on I-40 near Winston-Salem
- Deputies find moonshine, still in Thomasville home
- Thousands of bridges at risk of freak collapse
- Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy
- Duke gets funds to develop diverse scientists
- US 321 to remain open during Memorial Day weekend
- NBC's Brian Williams addresses Elon Class of '13