Arrest in rock quarry murder case
MOORE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Moore County Sheriff Lane Carter said Friday that his deputies, along with the Southern Pines Police Department and FBI, have made an arrest in the June slaying of Gregory Lance Bullock.
Bullock's body was found floating in a rock quarry in the Glendon area of Moore County on June 26.
He was last seen alive June 13.
Sheriff Carter said 32-year-old Ricky Joe Harvel of Eagle Branch Road, Eagle Springs, is charged with one count of murder and two counts of possession of a firearm by a felon.
Harvel was held without bond.
moore county, local/state
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Crews search for missing boater on Cape Fear River
- Private plane lands short of Charlotte runway
- Hit-and-run driver sought in fatal moped crash
- Defense wraps after Abaroa's mom's testimony
- Super PAC created for possible Tillis Senate bid
- More salmonella cases reported in Fayetteville
- Biographer regrets affair with former CIA director
- TSA finds man carrying gun on prosthetic leg
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Family continues to experience miracles