Colorado shooting victims honored at local churches
DURHAM (WTVD) -- At New Hope Church in Durham, as well as churches across the country, prayers were offered up for those affected by the deadly movie theater massacre in Colorado.
"It was an incredible tragedy just what happened this week in Colorado, but I love that we can come here to this place to talk about the hope that has come out of that tragedy," New Hope Church parishioner Dave Bookhout said.
For some, hope is displayed by helping from afar, whether through prayer or other forms of support.
"We have to stay upbeat and uplifted, and sometimes we have to encourage others even when it's not our situation, we have to assume as if it was our situation, because it could be us," parishioner Jenaun Fearrington said.
Part of the message Pastor Chad Lunsford shared with his congregation Sunday.
"Every time something like this happens, stories of hope emerge," Lunsford said. "What I wanted us to learn from those who passed away this week is that time is short and every moment we get we should do something powerful with it to spread God's love."
durham county, local/state, caitlin coyner
- Powerball players check their tickets 5 min ago
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Tanker truck collides with SUV in Johnston County
- Inmate escapes from NC prison, found 4 miles away
- 2 charged with murder in Rocky Mount shooting
- Army investigates 23-year-old paratrooper's death
- Another mugging reported at Durham bank
- Man, granddaughter killed in Wayne County crash
- Pedestrian hit, killed in Fayetteville
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Eric Staal's MRI reveals good news for Caniacs
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos