Two killed in Fayetteville traffic accident
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Two people were killed in an accident in Fayetteville Sunday afternoon.
Fayetteville police said the accident happened on Morganton Road and Skye Drive just after 3 p.m.
They said a 1998 Honda Civic, driven by 21-year-old Nickolas Hayden of Fayetteville, was speeding down Morganton Road when he lost control, went left of center and struck a 2011 Hyundai going east.
Hayden and his roommate 21-year-old Russell Zachary Snapp -- who was in the passenger seat -- died at the scene.
The driver of the Hyundai, 28-year-old Blaine Hull of Hope Mills and his passenger, 25-year-old Stevie Rivenbark of Fayetteville were taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center with serious injuries. Details about their conditions have not been released.
Authorities are investigating the accident.
cumberland county, accident, local/state
- Deputies shoot, kill female suspect
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Conn. commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Eric Staal returns to Raleigh for MRI
- Child attacked by pit bull dog
- Man attempts to rob Zebulon bank
- Driver faces DWI charge after pedestrian accident
- Golfing great Ken Venturi dies at age 82
- Friend: Murdered mom deleted Facebook due to ex-husband
- Child charged in greenway flashing incident
- Missing man's body found in Jordan Lake
- Group against gay scout inclusion